Zion's Cause Baptist Church was organized in 1885. Soon after the first (box) building was built. The Zion's Cause name was chosen by Bro. Harrison Johnston. In 1886 Zion's Cause was admitted to Blood River Baptist Association.
In 1902 a new frame building was built at the present site on land donated by J.H. Little. A sign was then erected in front of the church. In June of 1903 the building was dedicated to the Lord's work by Bro. N.S. Castleberry.
In May of 1947 the church voted to build a new block building with buff brick. Later in 1951 the church built the first parsonage. In 1968 the church dedicated the present church (red brick) on land donated by Mr. Jess Powell.
In February of 1976 the church purchased three acres of additional land adjoining church property and in 1977 purchased 1.96 acres on the south side of the church. Also in 1982 the church voted to build a new parsonage on the campus.
In 1985 another 2.67 acres was purchased behind the church. In 1995 our Activities building was dedicated. In August of 2009 the former parsonage was converted to the Student Center. Since 2010 we have been able to expand our campus with the purchase of additional properties around us, which led to the 2012 completion of a new sanctuary and education wings. We thank God for his blessings over the last 128 years, and we look forward to what He has in store for us in our future.